Thread: Boat Race 2019
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 04:04 PM

Old Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is here
My second date with my to-be-wife we went to the boat race. No idea why. I also wore a Motty style sheepskin coat. This was 2010. I am not of the ‘Minder’, ‘Sweeney’ er class nor the braying young - some very attractive but loud Camillas and Persephones there - upper middle classes but I - must admit - looked an absolute t1t.

Am lucky she is from East Anglia and appreciated the sheep 🐑 element. Otherwise she would have dumped me for someone less sartorially weird.

Who won the race? No idea.

Didn’t it use to be in colder times, Feb or March?

And - discussed on this thread no doubt - I now see as it takes into account the wimmin race it’s call the Boat Races, plural. I don’t mind. Though appreciate there will be some dinosaur reactionaries and chauvinists who simply hate that. Oh well. Time stops for no wo/man...