View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 11:38 AM
Quicker than the human I

hong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Did you strike today, h_k? (Also, thanks very much for all the updates - they're very illuminating/depressing.)
Yes, and the demo came to Tsuen Wan where I live so I popped out to have a look a few hours ago.

A police van got stopped by protesters and the occupants turfed out just before I arrived.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

A load of cop vans suddenly sped in, unloading riot police so I made a hasty retreat.

I wandered off talking to protesters outside the police station and occupying multiple roads all over Tsuen Wan. These are strong, determined, polite, ordinary mostly young folk.

I left the scene and walked home, where it promptly all kicked off just where I had been, with tear gas and police facing off to several thousand protesters.

Today there are scenes like this literally all over HK, in at least 10 different locations, right now as darkness falls. HK has never seen anything like this.

This cannot go on, Carrie Lam conceded nothing in her first public appearance for two weeks this morning. She has to start talking to people, the only solution here is a political one, and the people I spoke with all said they feel even angrier due to what she said.