View Single Post
Old 11-07-2021, 11:58 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Point.of.order there, the Stones logo was based on representations of the goddess Kali, who was portrayed with bright red lips and tongue. Seeing as the logo was designed in the early 70s I'm pretty sure the use of the UK or SG colours was not at the forefront of the mind.
I certainly don't immediately associate the lips and tongue logo with flag colours. I know there are different versions but it's usually bright red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Marshall Chess, son of Chess Records’ founder, who managed The Stones, claimed to have come up with the idea of the tongue.
He was talking out of his arse then, and I don't think he actually managed the Stones.