Thread: The Mac thread
View Single Post
Old 17-07-2019, 07:09 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
I left it too long and the John Lewis deal on the previous model is no longer available so I have ordered the cheapest 27" iMac. I went for the larger one not solely because of screen size but because it has user replaceable RAM, my current iMac is ten years old and I hope to get a similar lifespan from the new one.

I couldn't bring myself to pay a further 450 for one with an internal 1TB SSD so I have gone for a fusion drive. Am I better off buying an external SSD to plug in or waiting until the warranty has expired and getting an expert to fit an internal one? I have looked at various YouTube videos on doing it myself and don't fancy my chances.