Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 23-01-2017, 03:16 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
That's a different question. But I'm talking about the rights EU migrants have and why they should have as much right coming to London, going forward, as someone from Stoke. Personally I think it would be good if we could sign FOM agreements with other countries.

Indeed one of the totally and utterly undemocratic things about the referendum was that EU citizens living in the UK couldn't vote. If they could Remain would have almost certainly won. Yet Aussies over here for a year could vote.
Sorry, not clear here. If you are saying that those from EU countries living here should have their rights protected I agree 100%. Personally I would rather not have left even though I am concerned about the rights of those with family members from, say, Jamaica. However, I suspect that what we will end up with free movement to the UK if you have a job offer or you are clearly self-supporting but will lose some free market access at the edges. The alternative will ruin many people's lives both economically and socially both here and in Europe. Too many are making the mistake of looking at winners and losers at a macro-economic rather than micro-economic level.