Thread: Football Index
View Single Post
Old 16-08-2018, 12:08 PM

DHeagle is just too good for youDHeagle is just too good for youDHeagle is just too good for youDHeagle is just too good for youDHeagle is just too good for youDHeagle is just too good for youDHeagle is just too good for youDHeagle is just too good for youDHeagle is just too good for youDHeagle is just too good for youDHeagle is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan27 View Post
It was very eye-opening and a real "welcome to the Index" moment as I saw KDB price suddenly plummet - fortunately I was on twitter at the time and saw his name begin to feature quite a bit so managed to cut early. Seems to have levelled off now and once he is back to full fitness he will be very profitable I imagine so tempted to get back in whilst his price is low. There was a part of me that wanted to hold onto him due to the likely MB that his injury would generate and that I would be confident that his price would recover back to well above pre-injury levels but I opted to cut - will see if I live to regret it! Agree re Pogba - I can't see him going anywhere but if it begins to look like that is likely (you can usually tell when something will definitely happen) then I will sell him off. His price dropped down to -0.27 of what I bought him for within a day but has recovered to -0.12 today alone and he looks set to win today's MB. He is in the Sunday game as well so could be an outside bet for PB too.

I'm very much looking forward to the season really getting going so I can start to work out some tactics for PB. Looks difficult to secure dividends in PB but getting a couple of players who win this 2 or 3 times would be very rewarding.

Would be great to get some more BBSers involved and posting as I really do think the platform will take off even more this year. What have been your best picks so far?
Yeah I’d like a discussion forum for it, so more BBSerd involved would be great! Granted I’m not as bullish on FI as the pillocks on Twitter who keep saying things like “who needs a bank account when you have Football Index”!

I’ve held Kingsley Coman since I started, he’s gone from 1.90 to 2.90, there or thereabouts. Including MB, Pogba has generated a good return, and he’s one of my bigger holds since depositing more money. Also have a few Ramos which worked well for me yesterday. I’ve got a broad spread of Prem, Ligue 1 and Serie A players whose value I’m expecting to climb over the season too.

Regarding de Bruyne, there’s a lot of discussion on Twitter about what to do about him. With the index rising so fast the general consensus is why buy him for a three month hold that has little to no potential for earning dividends in that time? The flip side is if you don’t wanna be on the index trading regularly, now is a good time to get in as his value will definitely climb, and by the time he’s back similar players will probably be over 6! Personally I have no cash sitting in my account so can’t get any of him at the moment.

Last edited by DHeagle; 16-08-2018 at 12:21 PM.