Thread: Football Index
View Single Post
Old 16-08-2018, 12:45 PM

dan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWSYEAGLE View Post
I joined this just before the season started. Unfortunately seem to have missed a huge bull run that happened in mid July for a lot of players.

One observation I have made so far is that it operates very close to an actual stock market. For example, on news of the KdB injury, his value dropped from 5.6 to 4.8 and then recovered to around 5.1 when people realised that he might be back in a few months and was undervalued.

Also values seem to drop midweek when there is not much football. It might be worth selling your portfollio on Sunday and re-buying in mid-week when the buzz of impending matches begins to build.

Anyway... I have invested 1000 which is now worth 1022.

One other thing, a good strategy is to buy into players that are "unfashionable" because they have had a lay off, run of bad form or just boring to watch but who you will do a job. Examples of these are Morata, Sigurdsson and Rondon.
Yeah I too missed the bull run during the transfer window but I expect as more and more people join then prices will continue to rise. Interesting point re Morata, Glyfi and Rondon - I am yet to be involved during a triple matchday so interested in how PB dividends will be gained. My guessing is that unless a player is deemed to have a chance of gaining MB or PB then his price is unlikely to see any significant upwards change? I would have thought that Rondon would have to go some to be fighting off all the other forwards in the top 5 leagues to win best attacker whilst playing for Newcastle but interested to see how it plays out. If he's cheap then he really needs to only win 1 MB all season to return a significant amount on the investment.

I'm keen to get back on KDB as I expect his price will eventually recover to well above pre-injury levels but won't alter anything until after our game on Monday night as I am happy with who I have and want to see PB in proper swing. Full round of Europa League matches tonight which might have an influence and I have one or two players who will feature.

It could have been better.