Thread: Discussion: Transfer Deadline Day
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 09:00 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Cameron Jerome, Aaron Wilbrham and Glenn Murray have left us.

Last season combined:
Played: 24 (22)
Scored: 3

Campbell last year:
Played: 32 (5)
Scored: 6

Last season we played Ward at LB as Pulis did not want to play Parr or Moxey. So at the very leaset we are the same as last year and if Fryers comes in we are therefore stronger.

I therefore disagree with both your comments. Of course we could be stronger in both areas but to suggest we are weaker than last year is fantasy!
Totally disagree.

Jerome was a much better fit in our system than Campbell is or ever will be.

Murray is plainly better than Doyle who is awful - 3 goals in 29 League One games last season says it all.

Gayle is a better striker now, I grant you.

As for LB, we have not strengthened as Ward will continue to play LB. Parr was easily as good as Fryers in terms of Fryers being ready for the first team, which he's not.

We had a major chance here to strengthen the forward line and at left back and, quite frankly, we have blown it.

Onwards and upwards but we've taken a gamble which i sincerely hope pays off but it's going to be a tough old season.