Thread: Andros Townsend
View Single Post
Old 23-08-2016, 10:58 AM
BECKENHAM EAGLES

mattyb21 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemattyb21 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemattyb21 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemattyb21 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemattyb21 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemattyb21 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemattyb21 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemattyb21 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemattyb21 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemattyb21 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemattyb21 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperman View Post
I find it hard to emphasise with the starting of such a thread as this...

The guy was (up until, recently) a regular international English footballer - he should have gone to the euros, I was there and he did more against Valencia then all our wide men did in that tournament, (except perhaps walker v Wales did put together) - he literally danced around champions league defenders that game that was just over a fortnight ago...

On top of that; We got him for what I believe and most knowledgable observers would deem a bargain figure in the current market - an extremely schrewd piece of business by our chairman...

These slightly infantile threads have got to stop - forget about track record, we stayed in this league is the only historic fact that counts, start looking forward and relishing the prospect of seeing genuine competition from two international keepers between the sticks, a centre half pairing that could be together for 2/3 seasons, a midfield underpinned by cabaye and MacArthur - 2 of the potentially best players I have seen in that position in my 40 + years of watching the red n blue and the trickery and wing play of our home grown talent along with the prospect of seeing one of the premier leagues undisputed greatest strikers backed up by a certain mr Townsend...

And all that lot play for my little unfashionable team - the books are being re written chaps....enjoy the moment...

Give Townsend and all the players (particularly the newbies) time to bed in - keep the faith, if you build it right, it will be potentially taking us one step further than we've ever been before....

I would suggest your glass of horlicks is more than half full my friends - best drink it up and sleep well, who knows the season might be a great one if we stand united behind the team ��
This....

Was also at every England game out in France and Townsend should of been there and his corners alone would of helped solve the Harry Kane debacle...

On a separate note you off to Slovakia??

If so see you out there