Thread: Max Meyer
View Single Post
Old 13-02-2019, 11:33 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Thought it was one of Jeffreys best games for us, but he, as many place fans and Roy likes, is a grafter.

The problems was the midfield was too defensive, to much graft and not enough craft.

Meyer created as many shooting opportunities in 12 minutes as Schluup and McArthur did in a combined 168, McArthurs 1 being the assist. Despite that Schluup probably outperformed Macca in the middle and Macca has not looked good for a few games now.
The problem on Saturday wasn't the lack of chances - before or after Meyer came on. Meyer came on as fresh legs against a tiring defence - you'd expect him to have an impact in those circumstances.

Tbh, I probably would have Meyer in my first choice team, but I can also see good reasons why he isn't currently, and lots of the pro-Meyer sentiments seem to be based as much on wishful thinking as evidence.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk