Thread: Academy
View Single Post
Old 19-09-2015, 04:09 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
U18s drew 2-2 with Crewe (away) earlier today.

Crewe have only lost one match, and had not conceded two goals at home in three previous games. They were third in PDL2N.

Palace were third in PDL2S with a game in hand on leaders Charlton and second placed Watford who were three and one point ahead respectively.

Palace's better goal difference would see them move into second if Watford lost, but I can't find out what their result was atm.

Goalscorers were Levi Lumeka and Victor Fundi. I think that's Victor's third of the season from six games.

We have lost 1/6 which is a strong start. Usually we start slowly and then pick up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sheffa View Post
Thanks for the insight. It's good to hear how the youngsters are progressing and also good to see a fair few out on loan. Is Gray still going out? And I recall Allassani talking about going out in an interview during pre-season?

Seems like there is a big decision to make for Kaikai, if he doesn't play much this year it could set him back. Interesting to see Notts Forest linked. Obviously we know what Dougie did with Zaha, he saw the potential in Bolaise and gave De Silva a debut. But the club doesn't really scream stability at the moment.
I think Allassani said he wanted to go out on loan but I don't think he will be sent out on loan, he hasn't played regularly in the U21s so unlikely anyone will want him.

KaiKai has of course gone to Shrewsbury which as I said on his transfer thread, is probably about his level where he can play regularly.

Jake has had a change of position to be in the hole or on the tip of a diamond, after Pardew said he saw something in him there, so as a result I don't think he will go out on loan unless he (continues to do) well in the 21s.

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end

Last edited by Woosie; 19-09-2015 at 05:06 PM.