View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 05:21 PM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
If it backfires we are down, now is not the time to get sentimental or play someone who is woefully out of form just because he cost us 30 million . He isn't worth the risk . Our survival is far more important than giving him the time to rediscover his nose for goal.
Maybe you did not read fully what i had said, i suggested playing Batshuayi as the sole striker and when we are in a SAFE position bring Benteke back for say the last Six league games to lead the line with Batshuayi played in the "10" role, which i feel would be his ideal position and it would also bring the best out of CB play.
The backfire i refer to was in the event of Benteke experiment not working out then we sell him in the summer, it is not a question of getting sentimental but apart from his enormous fee he is on a massive wage and as i mentioned he is not going to be easy to move on, hence why i said we would need to take a hit on his fee and get around 10m.
But surely before we consider discarding him is it not sensible to give him a final chance to prove he still has it? afterall a fully functional Benteke is a perfect fit Centre Forward for Palace's style of play.