View Single Post
Old 16-07-2019, 10:04 AM
A gift

CarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is here
I thought it was a really good pod. I prefer the ones after defeats as they're more realistic and (perceived) negativity is prevalent in the fan base and in real life, so should rightly be represented on the pod without apology. Especially regarding things like home form, which is a valid concern where more can be done by the club.

The lads on the pod do seem overly aware of trying to remain positive in all situations, which some people like but personally I think the tone should suit the situation, even if it's perceived as negative. Trying to be positive all the time often ends up with underlying facts being glossed over and getting unnecessarily carried away. The pod where Frank de Boer joined was the most obvious example where I didn't feel like anyone properly represented those of us who 'negatively' questioned the appointment and by the end of it, we were already in Europe and FdB had moved on to Man Utd, having taken us as far as he could. Give me a realistic pod like yesterday's over that one any day.