View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 06:40 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Great post Bubbs...

As you allude to there was something symbolic about demolition of the Whitehorse End. The previous season had promised so much, and there was the thought that large crowds would be trying to get into a smaller capacity ground due to the Whitehorse being out of commission, so we got season ticket for the Arthur. (First and last ST for me). About halfway through the season it was obvious... Boy were we wrong! The football became abysmal, and the Whitehorse a sad muddy hole in the ground that never seemed to change throughout the season. It all ending in relegation that year, and nobody seemed too upset about it to be honest - it was like putting a sick dog out of its misery.

By September that next season (1981) not only was most if not all the team gone, but so was I - moving to America - I'm not sure if there is a connection...
If you look at a struggling in Division two Palace XI from 1982 you'd be surprised by how many were actually still at the club. Cannon, Doris, Gilbert, Murphy, Hilaire, Smillie were there. Nicholas, Sansom, Fenwick, Walsh and Swindles and Burridge had gone.