View Single Post
Old 15-10-2019, 08:01 AM

Ifill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have just returned from my 11th consecutive year of holidaying in Turkey. In that time I have made many friends, both Turkish and Kurds. None of whom support Erdogan. Though I have always had an element of respect for Erdogan, there has been a continual improvement over those years. He survived a coup and stopped the run by speculators on the Lira in the past year.

I do not think I will be returning, nothing to do with my safety. Just what I am seeing play out in Syria. I would be a hypocrite to return. With social media, it does not take much to find some appalling images of what is happening, as always reliability is always questionable:-

1. Civilians including Innocent children are being killed, injured and others orphaned
2. Images of ISIS fighters celebrating alongside Turkish troops.
3. Turkey appears to be safe passage for ISIS fighters and associates (Refuges).
4. Turkey is attacking areas outside their proposed exclusion zone.

I agree Trump has messed up here removing the 50 or so troops. Responsibility for Erdogan's action lies with himself and not Trump. Without a doubt, Erdogan is showing his true colours, he has dressed this up as a crusade to rid Syria of terrorist when it is genocide. I accept there are atrocities carried out by the Kurds in Turkey, which is similar to the actions of the IRA in mainland UK. Trying to wipe out a nation due to the actions of a few is not the answer.