Thread: Bromley FC
View Single Post
Old 16-09-2006, 04:45 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Sleeping Giant
Good to hear. I believe that the last time Bromley got to play against League opposition in the FA Cup was in 1977 when they plucked a tie at Swindon Town. They were only 0-1 down with 20 mins left and lost, erm......0-6. I've been waiting for another go ever since! That year also, i was there when we beat Walton & Hersham 9-3 in the final qualifying round. The previous year Palace had beaten them on their way to the semi!
I think they made it to the first round one more time since then, but lost to another non-league team.

I was at the Swindon game. I seem to think it was 7-0, but no evidence to back that up other than my fading memory.

They had a great team back then... John Duffy (who should have scored when it was 0-0 at Swindon) and Junior Crooks are two names that stick in my head.