Thread: The Mac thread
View Single Post
Old 19-10-2018, 09:06 PM

montstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
Can anyone assist just got a 2012 era mac pro however when trying to joined my home powerline network i'm getting the self assigned ip address issue (so it connects to the network but will not go online looked on line no clear resolution. Am impressed that it has wi fi built in which will connect but would prefer to use the ethernet connection if possible.
When you go to system preferences > network >

Whats at the top on the left? That is the preference order
If you have ethernet connected it should be green - if its not it might not be recognised.

You should be able to choose dhcp or dhcp with manual address from the dropdown

HTH

Steve Jobs