Thread: The Mac thread
View Single Post
Old 22-10-2018, 01:26 AM
Banded by Moderationers

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
Too much power to Jony Ive in my opinion.
Other way around IMO.

He's been pushed into overseeing Tim Cook's vanity projects, so had to work on the new campus and do ever more with Foster and Partners on each new retail location. If you track the timeline, the products started to go to shite as Ive got shunted to supposedly 'deeper and more meaningful' projects.

Think back to the personality clash between him and Scott Forstall that led to the latter being ousted. That was a very public sacking but effectively Ive got the boot internally once the point scoring project of iOS 7 was delivered. Cook has basically decapitated his two biggest rivals because he can't bring anything to the party other than standard MBA tick box exercises.

I'm still just about in the ecosystem but that's purely because the competition is so abysmal, across phones, slates and desktops. God knows what my next desktop is going to be; I'm driving a 2007 iMac at the moment that is being held together by chewing gum and prayer.