View Single Post
Old 20-05-2019, 12:35 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelmsfordeagle View Post
I was a fan of VAR being introduced but after a season of it being used in La Liga I am far less of a fan. The issues are what several people have pointed out on this thread. The lack of communication with those in the stadium is appalling. The incidents are not shown on the screen and often you are unaware of what is being reviewed. The process is far too slow, often 3 or 4 minutes. And the worst thing is that you are not sure if a goal is a goal. It does as someone suggested kill the atmosphere. Hopefully these things can all be addressed but I suspect they won't be.

It seems to add to the enjoyment for me in Rugby waiting for the decision but somehow in Football it seems to be rather annoying. I don't get why on TV they can have a replay up with the offside line the second it happens yet VAR seems to take a few minutes.

They need some kind of replay deadline whereby if they can't make their mind up on whatever it is after 3 replays on the screen then it is not conclusive and shouldn't be allowed.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni