View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 07:45 AM

Woodside_CP is fond of sand dunes and salty airWoodside_CP is fond of sand dunes and salty airWoodside_CP is fond of sand dunes and salty airWoodside_CP is fond of sand dunes and salty airWoodside_CP is fond of sand dunes and salty airWoodside_CP is fond of sand dunes and salty airWoodside_CP is fond of sand dunes and salty airWoodside_CP is fond of sand dunes and salty airWoodside_CP is fond of sand dunes and salty airWoodside_CP is fond of sand dunes and salty airWoodside_CP is fond of sand dunes and salty air
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100% Palace
Was wondering yesterday, with all the "Big 4" condemning Man City for all their spending - something which the likes of Chelsea, Man U etc have NEVER done!! - made me remember something that I had seen about how these 4 have basically built their budgets around the money (they believe thay are guaranteed to) receive(d) for qualifying for their beloved Champions League.

Now, I am basically thinking that if Man City do break into this group who are mortgaged to the hilt then the unlucky team that ends up in the Europa league will be f*cked to put it bluntly.

In this case - COME ON CITY!! Good luck for the coming season! Hopefully you might put one of this lot in the shit most of the "unimportant" Football League is in.
It is hypocritical. Fergie also slated Chelsea's new found wealth and their obscene spending when they first started splashing out - bit ironic coming from the bloke who spunked 30m on Rooney, 28m on Veron, 29m on Ferdinand, 30m on Berbatov, 18m on Carrick etc.

It's an old boys club and they don't want anyone else joining the gravy train or threatening their entry to the champions league - thats all it boils down to.