View Single Post
Old 29-03-2019, 10:48 PM

TennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Oh, while the 'kicking the establishment' element of the Brexit vote is undoubtedly true, I wouldn't underestimate how many thick xenophobic c*nts there are out there. And some of them are the same people. Whatever the reasons to justify this national act of self-harm, stupidity is still the top answer, Les.
Is it naivety that I try to see the best in people? Maybe. Is there an element of nationalism being the last refuge of scoundrels? Quite likely. I still think there's a significant portion of people that voted did so for the reasons outlined above though, perhaps through a lack of education of how the EU works and for Leave lies. I just still have a huge sense of disappointment with the fact nobody in Westminster has really taken the bull by the horns, blown Brexit wide open and explained why it's fundamentally flawed, should be stopped but whilst doing so in a delicate enough way to avoid a cataclysmic split of the country down the middle and trying to build bridges.

Probably all wishful thinking, but it's my little dream of what could have been.