View Single Post
Old 24-04-2019, 02:31 PM

Hal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
Does anyone remember the old boy encroaching on the field with his walking stick when Lazurus scored. Mark helped walk him off the pitch, back to the Old Enclosure.
Yes ! How on earth had I forgotten that !

Nowhere else would you get such a doddery old git coming and waving his stick (after outstripping the stewards).

Of course, when I call him a doddery old git that was what he seemed to me then, as a teenager. Now I think I'd describe someone of that age as 'middle-aged'.