Thread: Betfair trading
View Single Post
Old 30-06-2015, 12:11 AM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yep you're right, be nice to know why though as most logic says that not knowing sports inside out (which is certainly the case with cricket, by far my most profitable sport) isn't a way to win long term, I guess I'm betting mainly on the numbers though

Not taught anyone, doesn't appeal as I'd worry about them losing and what I do is often more hunch / instinct based, I think judging market sentiment is what I do best

Turned the cricket -150 into a 200 profit, had Pakistan won, or the rain had come it would have been 500+, still good, there was a huge Sri Lanka drift (presume during a rain storm) which I tailed, laying SL at 1.25 to 1.35 and laying the draw at 3.4 down to 2.8, hence the big Pakistan green (3000 at the start, though I took some when they got 2 wickets in 2 balls)

Then lost 245 on Wimbledon, traded the Kokkanakis match, he has been ill and I thought he'd drift, his odds came right in. I decided to chance it, follow the money and leave a small green on him, big red on Mayer and hopefully move it around in running, Mayer won in straight sets so I never got the chance. Should never have got involved for the stakes I did, or at all, lesson learned. Not giving up on Wimbledon but might pick games with a 1.3 or shorter fav, less risk and more liquidity generally

Might also put some stats of how each sport has done over the last couple of years, suspect only cricket will show any significant profit, will be interesting