View Single Post
Old 12-10-2020, 10:19 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Very much enjoy watching AFC Croydon Athletic, on Saturday, they beat Bearstead 2-1 in a very end to end clash in the Southern Counties East Premier - many Palace fans there (or rather, many of the fans that go are Palace fans!) and it’s usually a good laugh no matter what the match is actually like, but the last couple I’ve seen have been good value.

People have said, like Selhurst Park, Mayfields is a difficult place to get to. Not if you know your way around Fort Neef it ain’t! It’s about a 10-15 minute walk from The Pond at the bottom of Silverliegh Road - turn left at Mayfield Crescent right to Mayfield Road and left past the playing fields that used to house the world famous Thornton Heath Cricket Club before they burnt that down into the very bumpy path that leads to Mayfield Stadium (or The Crem as known to locals as it borders Croydon Crematorium - they you are, easy!

Not much in the way of local derbies now since Croydon FC got relegated and worse still moved to somewhere called Crystal Palace National Sports Centre, which of course is not a sensible walk from my side of Thornton Heath at all, I can’t think why anyone would want to watch a team play there every other week (!)

Come on you Rams!