Thread: Luke Dreher
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 11:29 PM
Fort Neef massiv

Glɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
He can play for Croatia or South Africa. Was expecting a senior call up with the latter but hasn't as yet. Joined from Brentford as an U18 when they scrapped their academy, and was very good at U18s. Has done well at U23s, but he's not 6 foot which can be an issue for a CB. Out of contract in the summer, has been offered a new deal.

Dreher has been at the club since he was 8, this was his third time on the bench (Man U away in 2016 as an U18, Boro away the following season). He played about six games for the U18s before rightly being promoted to the U21s as it was then. Captained them as a 17-year-old.

Was due for a debut in the FA Cup in the season we made the final but in doing so he was rushed back from injury which subsequently worsened his injury and contributed to being out for about 18 months through several other injuries.

When he picked up a (separate) ankle injury playing for the 23s in January I genuinely feared his career may be over before it had begun. Fortunately he's made a good recovery and despite the time out he's still kept his ability.

As with Bissaka, his talent was clear from the early days in the 18s. He won a penalty as a sub on his U18 debut at 15. I think with Dreher it was clearer that he was talented than Bissaka. It's a very difficult position to breakthrough into, and he obviously has Nya Kirby as competition, but I personally think he's better than Kirby.
Thanks for the info. I don't think we can read a great into 5 minutes against a tiring Bournemoth, so this is a lot more illuminating.

Do you know why training with the first team is preferred to a loan? Perhaps because of injuries etc and they want to ease him into regular football?