Thread: Remixes
View Single Post
Old 28-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Conceding 9

Perry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Cool, that was actually my first track made using Ableton Suite 8 - Previously I was using Cubase but Ableton is miles better, the workflow compared to Cubase is soo much quicker and more intuitive.

A lot of the time, if it is a 'famous' song you are remixing, you can find a midi track online and deconstruct it to obtain the midi notes for each part, takes a bit of getting used to but works very well.

Here is my 2nd track using Ableton, much much better remix, lots of techniques that I learnt in seconds that were complex to implement in Cubase:

Enjoy!