View Single Post
Old 15-07-2017, 03:40 AM

nicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Then in the nicest possible way, what's the point? If it's just a bit of fun, fair enough but isn't the point of betting to try and win a bit of cash?

I've started matched betting and whilst I don't know how long it will last (bookies can grow tired of you winning and close your account), I'm making nice little sums.
Why do most people bet when they lose money over time ? It's exactly that, it is a bit of fun and it feels good to be right and get paid for it! I won 200 on betting on a Liverpool 1 - palace 2 score line for example last season. I'm usually getting practice at trading as generally not sitting on a bet for the whole 90 mins.

Ultimately, if I'm break even after 5 years (including lots of s of commission), the way I see it is I'm not that far off being consistently profitable

I put money into shares to make money. Betting is just for fun unless you have time to devote yourself to statistical analysis and research to gain an edge.

Matched betting works but it's a matter of time before your account is closed so not sustainable longer term.