Thread: Football Index
View Single Post
Old 18-01-2019, 05:49 PM

DHeagle is just too good for youDHeagle is just too good for youDHeagle is just too good for youDHeagle is just too good for youDHeagle is just too good for youDHeagle is just too good for youDHeagle is just too good for youDHeagle is just too good for youDHeagle is just too good for youDHeagle is just too good for youDHeagle is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by davematt View Post
What are people's thoughts of a Share Split, which many seem to think is not too far down the road given the continued increase in price of the top players?

I have been reading up on how it all works and to be honest, I think it sounds like a smart idea.

It will encourage new investors (prices will be halved) but for us current bunch, our shares will be doubled for any player/s we have invested in.

In regards to dividend pay outs, they will be halved, but our shares will have doubled so it won't really make much of a difference?

Or am I reading this all wrong?!
No you've got it bang on, although consensus is for the split to be 4-to-1, ie prices will be divided by four, as will dividend payouts. But quantity of shares will be multiplied by four.

Absolutely makes sense to me, and I expect that to act as a tailwind over the next few weeks. No-one knows exactly when it'll be.