View Single Post
Old 26-09-2019, 07:00 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
If you want 3 early ones then The Yes Album, Fragile and Close to the Edge, all released in that order. Close to the Edge, prog rock at its greatest.
IOW, Dave has given you three good choices there, but I have to say that 'Yessongs' - the triple live album is my favourite. I just find the renditions there so much more dynamic. Have a listen to 'Starship Trooper', 'Perpetual Change' and 'Yours is no Disgrace ' from that set. It captures the band's live energy and occasional funkyness. My favourite studio LP is 'Relayer', but I think that might be a step too far for you. If you listen to the first couple of minutes of 'Soundchaser', you'll hear what I mean
Also, there is a fabulous solo LP by bass player Chris Squire called 'Fish Out of Water' which is very accessible.