View Single Post
Old 24-06-2019, 08:46 AM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
The 1 off game yes, i am thinking more like what we did in Scandinavia last season with a few games and a training camp. We have 2 games in Switzerland this year.

With the teams in Brittany and Normandy you could do a couple of 1st team and a couple of XI fixtures.
You are assuming that the process of selecting pre-season venues and opposition is proactive, rather than reactive.

I believe that it all depends on the offers we get, we go with the best one, whereever they may be. And as we are currently a Premier team, we do get a fair few offers. Hence why we've ended up in places like the US, Canada, South Africa, Hong Kong in recent years.

Despite a certain someone's plaintive caterwauling on several threads, our club don't factor in whether fans can attend and I don't think Palace are alone in that policy. Outside of Man Utd and Liverpool, "brand building" is no longer a factor. It's been tried time and again and hasn't really worked.

It's all about bang for the buck, but you can be sure that if the best offer comes from Northern France then we'll be off there. That said, I doubt that any pre-season offer would be enough to cover both Senior and U-23 squads.