View Single Post
Old 24-06-2019, 09:24 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Good couple of posts by Neil. Steve Browett made it pretty clear on here several years ago (when he used to operate the Questions to CPFC2010 section) that the prime consideration of where we went was if a club would cover our travelling costs and expenses.

We played Exeter at Tiverton in Summer 2010, just after CPFC2010 took over and I believe it cost the club something like 30 grand for all the accommodation, travel and training stuff, which I think was a bit of a shock to the new owners then.

When Lazio visited us four or five years ago, that also cost the club a lot, because what we had to pay to get them over wasn't recovered in ticket sales (Cue everyone on here saying they'd have gone if it had been in Rome!). Crowd was what? 7k?

It must be a hassle arranging a game for the week before the season kicks off, because all the other English divisions have started their league programme, leaving Prem clubs to find foreign opposition

Regarding the Scottish issue, I think the Speroni testimonial against Dundee was the true definition of 'friendly', and it would be a real shame if the few hundred Palace fans who would travel north of the border couldn't be relied upon to act as positive ambassadors for the club. Totally take the point about troublemakers of other clubs having spoilt that opportunity though.

I only tend to go to a couple of pre-season games a year these days though - usually away ones where I fancy going somewhere new or where I haven't been for several years.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013