Cheikhou Kouyate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheikhou Kouyate

This is coming from a supreme position of ignorance having barely seen him play, but based on his alleged athleticism and power, I would be inclined to start him against Liverpool to try not to lose the midfield, despite justified reluctance to change a winning team.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others...

Funny how he said he's happy he plays with wilf now, because previously all he was able to do was foul him! Join the club mate

Comment

Comment

So he's smart as well!

Comment

Originally posted by DHeagle View Post
          So he's smart as well!
          Of course he is he signed for us!
          I like this young man, because, when he came out
          He came out with the phrase, he went from ashy to classy

Comment

Originally posted by out vile jelly View Post
            This is coming from a supreme position of ignorance having barely seen him play, but based on his alleged athleticism and power, I would be inclined to start him against Liverpool to try not to lose the midfield, despite justified reluctance to change a winning team.
            Just based on the Toulouse game he noticeably sat quite deep and hit a couple of superb through balls, although his passing was a bit hit and miss. The new Jedi!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Rhino View Post
              Just based on the Toulouse game he noticeably sat quite deep and hit a couple of superb through balls, although his passing was a bit hit and miss. The new Jedi!
              The new Jedi...who can pass you mean. Loved Mile, but his passing was not nearly as good as his passion.

Comment

Crowd stampede tragedy at todays Senegal game against Madagascar (AFCON Qualifier)

Don't know if Kouyate was out there for that one?

At least one person died and many were injured as football fans tried to get through a single entrance.
                "Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013

Comment

Surprised this thread isn't bigger.

Thought he was great on Saturday. If Meyer hadn't had such a stormer then I think he'd have got a lot of plaudits. Won everything and played some really nice passes.

Looking like a very good signing now.

Comment

He was everywhere. Second best player on the pitch after Meyer, definitely.
                    Snowflake/PC Twat

Free Palestine

Comment

Very impressed.

Loved the link up play between Wilf, Meyer, PVA, Kouyate, Jimmy Mac.

I guess this means I loved our link up play in general, lovely triangles being formed. Made me quite erect.

Comment

Great in the air too, so much energy, effort and pace, he doesn't give the opposition any time to think. Really glad we have him here.
                        More commonly known as, John Dillermand.

Comment

A wily performance.
                          The BBS's Voice of reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomo View Post
                            Surprised this thread isn't bigger.

Thought he was great on Saturday. If Meyer hadn't had such a stormer then I think he'd have got a lot of plaudits. Won everything and played some really nice passes.

Looking like a very good signing now.
                            We paid around £10m for him and nothing for Meyer, which is ridiculous. It's almost as if our transfer policy actually works.

Comment

Our signings are often much maligned, but Kouyate was a good player at W.Ham. It’s taken a while, as with Meyer to settle into the team. Now we are seeing how good he is, can also play CB and right back.
                              Nobody will give Freeman and Parish credit, just harp on about Jach and Rakip.

Comment

I was delighted with this signing initially but have to admit I'd been a bit disappointed with his performances up until recently. Last couple of games he's been great though.
                                Brighton & HA 0-2 Crystal Palace

Comment

Originally posted by mylona View Post
                                  We paid around £10m for him and nothing for Meyer, which is ridiculous. It's almost as if our transfer policy actually works.
                                  Who’d have thought that eh ?
                                  “Dave became very furtive by the sausage counter”.

Comment

Where’s Glaziers Fan letting us know he’s not a footballer
                                    "Oh my god, you killed a hooker!"
                                    "You said she was a callgirl!"
                                    "No Cyril, when they're dead, they're just hookers!"

Comment

Originally posted by mylona View Post
                                      Not sure that the comparison works. Meyer was out of contract, and thus able to bid his salary up for the same overall spend by the club, whereas I suspect that Kouyate's salary is lower, to offset the fee we also had to pay. Not sure whether anyone better informed can confirm this ?

Anyway, most importantly, I love it when people on here have to reappraise their previous negative views of players. Anyone might suspect that our management team know more than the average BBS poster ...

Comment

Played well Saturday. Technically still a bit of a donkey but doesn't matter for the role he plays.

Comment