Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 25-06-2016, 07:01 AM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipungu View Post
I used to work very closely with the unemployed, so I know all the hardships and barriers and the shitty system that attempts to deal with that. I don't bare you any animosity. I agree with a few points you've made. A message did need to be sent.

The only concern I've had is that the prospects the masses have been sold are from the very same people that screwed us over in the first place.

They created the situation, then have palmed off the blame elsewhere.

What frustrates me slightly, is examples like the below.

The BIS and SFA provided funds for the unemployed to gain access to training courses and qualifications. The Government cut this budget so harshly, many people in the sector became redundant, including myself. Companies wemt under, and certain courses stopped receiving funding. So the government made these cuts, but do you know what was still available? EU funding.

It just concerns me that people weren't fully informed of what the EU actually does and how it interacts with our society, and were just blatantly lied to.

How can one celebrate democracy when people voted on a foundation of lies? For me personally, it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.
Exactly this, But the Remain campaign only have themselves to blame for not getting that across.