View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 01:56 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Dalton View Post
Venables did not jump ship, Bloye more or less sacked him when TV asked for support from the board. In fact Bloye had already been chasing Everton's Howard Wilkinson who turned Bloye down. Bloye engineered TV's departure and the players who followed him to QPR (not as many as some people suggest and over a longer period of time) were sold mainly to balance the club's very poor financial state.

Any "missing" money Ron found when he took over was as I recall laid at booted door not Venables. In fact I am fairly certain TV was still owed money he was never paid a promised bonus for winning promotion in 79'. Ron found the cupboard was bare in terms of cash when he took over abroad had to sell players to try and keep the debtors at bay. The money from the Sainsbury's deal never seemed to have made it into the club's finances, that is where our problems started and we still suffer from this day.
I don't think Ive ever seen anyone suggest Venable was the poor innocent in the whole sorry sage before.