Thread: Whoa Guaita !
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 01:44 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Would love Butland. IMHO he is a better keeper than Pickford when on form (let's not forget it was a close call between the 2 just before the World Cup last year with Pickford only getting the nod because of better distribution. We don't have to worry about that aspect ).

Guaita and Hennessey are 32. Good keepers but ageing. Butland is 26. For the right fee this is the guy to go for. Even though I will admit there are more pressing concerns for the squad overall, it might be a while before a keeper of his proven ability becomes available again. Sometimes you just have to go for it even though you are looking for improvements in other positions too.
Having Butland would be great in principle but for a club like ourselves, with limited spending power and lacking a goalscoring striker or the ability to penetrate defenses except through wing play, I'd say midfield and up front must be the priority. Arguably another CB, preferably a young one, would also be preferable to spending millions on a GK when Hennessey seems to be a reasonable deputy and Gauita is starting to look like a superb No.1.