View Single Post
Old 24-05-2019, 03:20 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSdaEAGLE View Post
Haha. Oops.

Scott Sutherland is my granddad. The sculpture I showed is the Commando Memorial in Spean Bridge. He also made the Blackwatch Memorial in Powrie Brae near Dundee.

The Sir David Stirling sculpture is by Angela Conner.
What a talent and such a shame the skill involved does not appear to be in abundance today, given the examples on this thread.

I have passed the David Stirling memorial many times, particularly when I lived in Doune, and kept promising that I should take 5 minutes out and stop and take a closer look, but never have. Often the case that when you have something on your doorstep, that others travel many many miles to see, you end up never visiting as there is always tomorrow.