Thread: Ashes 2019
View Single Post
Old 23-07-2019, 10:10 AM

Cambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Top work Lymps..

I posted on another thread, but my best XI currently would be

Roy
Burns
Bairstow
Root (C)
Stokes
Buttler (wkt)
Woakes
Ali
Broad
Archer
Anderson

If all fit!
Woakes ahead of Moeen?

Also Bairstow doesn't tend to bat higher than 5 and his record above 5 in tests isn't great. Averages 31.75 in 8 innings with 1 hundred. Averages 37.38 in 60 innings with 5 hundreds and 19 50s batting at 5 or below.

I grant that 8 innings batting at 4 or higher isn't a lot to go on but if he's keeping wicket I think he's better off batting 5 or lower just to give him a bit of time off. You've not got him as wicket keeper but realistically he will be behind the stumps.

The annoying thing with England's line up is that you've picked the best 11 players currently available, however none of those 11 is going to be batting at 3 realistically, unless Roy bats there and then you need another opener.

Which means leaving out Woakes, so you can pick a number 3. Which means Denley or Sibley with Roy at 3. It would be much better if Root would bat at 3.

Last edited by Cambridge Eagle; 23-07-2019 at 10:13 AM.