View Single Post
Old 15-03-2005, 04:26 PM

Jay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
Quote:
Originally posted by Boyandy
I've seen the first episode.

It's very different to the old series - so don't go into it expecting anything like that. More humour and a lot faster paced as well - although this could be down to the fact it was the first episode.

It'll be a love it or hate it thing, but then again the same could be said about the first one I guess. No doubt some fanatics will no doubt be burning their cardboard Tardis's (Tardii?) in outrage but I reckon the kids will like it.

The two leads are very good.
I think the fast pace is to be expected; they are condensing one whole story into one 45 minute episode, which is a big diversion from traditional Who. However this is a consequence of modern day television and I think it's fair to say that the old format would not have washed with a modern day audience.

I have no problem with it being radically different, towards the end of its run in the late 80's the show stank badly and was crying out for a revamp. A new Who for the 21st Century is good news all round, as far as I'm concerned.