Thread: Michael Olise
View Single Post
Old 16-09-2021, 12:16 PM

Krise has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Krise has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Krise has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Krise has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Krise has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Krise has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Krise has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Krise has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Krise has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Krise has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Krise has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB2506 View Post
How does 4-4-2 keep things tighter?? Take a man out of midfield??

4-1-4-1 would be keeping it tight.
Foxinthebox has explained it well. Vieira's 4-4-2 is designed to be more compact, attacking less with width than the 4-3-3. It would typically be Zaha with Edouard/Benteke up front, and maybe a midfield 4 of Gallagher-Milivojevic/Kouyate-McArthur-Hughes/Olise.

You can read more about his reasoning for the 4-4-2 vs Chelsea: To view the link you have to Register or Login

Vieira said: “Because I wanted to be really compact and to stop their holding midfielder getting on the ball – to find the players in between the lines.

“When you look at the way in which we defended before we conceded the free-kick, I was really pleased – we were really compact. I think the free-kick changed our plan.

“It wasn’t a late decision, this is how we prepared all week, and we have to take into consideration the quality of players that we are playing against. We knew that Chelsea would have the possession.”

Last edited by Krise; 16-09-2021 at 12:31 PM.