View Single Post
Old 16-09-2021, 08:41 PM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
TUE 17 SEP - PALACE 2 WEST HAM 3

A proper London derby under the lights and an entertaining game.

I remember Wright & Salako scoring and also Mike Small for West Ham with a header. The Wright goal would be his last home goal for us.

On the train home I heard this cockney 'know it all' announce to his family and other assembled Hammers that 'Mike Small is a 2M striker'

IIRC they'd just bought him for 600,000. 2M would have made him in the top 4 or 5 players if true. I figured this guy was older than me so must know more than me and admittedly Small had looked pretty good in that game. Turns out he didn't.

"Mike Small is a 2M striker" remains one of the funniest football opinions I've ever heard in my 40+ years of being a fan!