Thread: Rumour: Zaha Summer 2021
View Single Post
Old 15-03-2021, 08:39 AM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWSYEAGLE View Post
He is not a slave. If he wants out we will not have a choice.
Erm doesn't work like that. If I offered you 10 for your house would you take it? The club will accept an amount they deem fair whilst also continuing to pay their employee very handsomely so using the term slave is not appropriate.

Fwiw I think the club would've let him go last time but the offers allegedly from Arsenal were an utter disgrace who were chancing their arm as usual for that shithouse of a club. The general consensus from supporters and media was we wanted anything between 70m-100m. That was never going to happen but I honestly believe the club would've took nearer 55m but no one ever came in with that even apart from allegedly Everton which was at the 11th hour and far too late for us to find a replacement. SP may have his faults but I don't believe he'll let other clubs completely have us over.

The issue for Zaha now is his value had probably dropped due his age and contract slowly running down. If anyone offered 50m now I suspect the club would bite their hands off and wish Zaha well. Problem is no one is now going to offer that and it gets to the point where any offers will be so low what's the point in selling him as any replacement will cost far more by time Utd take their cut and no guarantee the replacement will be anywhere near as effective. As posters say above its getting to the stage where it may be best for all parties to knuckle down and allow the contract to run down allowing Wilf to sign as a free agent for mega Bucks when his contract expires.