Thread: Rumour: Zaha Summer 2021
View Single Post
Old 15-03-2021, 11:01 AM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
He did an interview on a podcast recently where someone put this to him and Wilf didn't seem particularly persuaded to stay here just for the sake of his 'legacy'. From what I've heard from him recently, he seems very very keen to move on.

If anyone offers a decent fee (40m+) then I think we should take it but I can't imagine that they will.
Have heard the same.

Latter point is my concern really, for him personally / professionally - the much-vaunted big move doesn't materialise, he stews in it, and loses some of the best years of his career.

Agree that we should/would take 40m+ at this stage but it starts to become increasingly unlikely. You can find younger, cheaper alternatives without Wilf's baggage. And let's be honest, he does come with baggage which many clubs will not fancy.

Somebody said above about it becoming a dark cloud over the club. I think it already has been for a couple of years now.