Thread: Rumour: Zaha Summer 2021
View Single Post
Old 15-03-2021, 01:45 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog View Post
Have heard the same.

Latter point is my concern really, for him personally / professionally - the much-vaunted big move doesn't materialise, he stews in it, and loses some of the best years of his career.

Agree that we should/would take 40m+ at this stage but it starts to become increasingly unlikely. You can find younger, cheaper alternatives without Wilf's baggage. And let's be honest, he does come with baggage which many clubs will not fancy.

Somebody said above about it becoming a dark cloud over the club. I think it already has been for a couple of years now.
I guess its not out of the question that we would get a decent fee for him still. Even if he's not got the pace he used to have and isn't as dangerous when running at defenders, he has still been a 1-in-2 striker for us this season which is very impressive given how few chances we created. If he can add a few more goals before the end of the season then I could imagine a fairly big offer coming in but other clubs wouldn't be bidding for the same type of player that they would have been 2 or 3 years ago.