Thread: Ronnie Peterson
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2001, 03:22 PM
Bank Robber's son

917k is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fans917k is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fans917k is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fans917k is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fans917k is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fans917k is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fans917k is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fans917k is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fans917k is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fans917k is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fans917k is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fans
Quote:
Originally posted by tmjwat

I remember that day very well, and I still get this dread feeling in the pit of my stomach when the GP circus arrives at Monza. Its the same at Belgium (Gilles Villeneuve, Zolda, 1982)

I still get that at Monza and Imola (Senna).

Strange that Brambilla wasn't expected to survive his injuries but recovered and died earlier this year aged 60 I believe. Peterson who was expected to make a full recovery sadly didn't.
You mention Hunt's part in the rescue, he was however along with Lauda the prime mover in one of the more unsavoury episodes in F1 history. I am referring to the ban on Riccardo Patrese who was blamed by the senior drivers at the time (unfairly I believe), this culminated in FISA banning him from the next race? If I recall all the drivers involved in the witchunt against Patrese later regretted their actions and accepted that it had been a racing accident.