Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 19-01-2019, 09:45 AM

mexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
If you can stretch to around £150 then the Motorola G6 is supposed to be a really good budget smartphone. A friend of mine had a Nokia windows phone and has recently bought this.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Not sure if it's a bit more than what you're looking for though.
After years on iPhone, I got one of these in the January sales. I love it. I had tried a Huawei P9 before and thought android was clunky and unreliable. The G6 just works, looks good, and does everything my old iphone did, easily and smoothly and quickly. For the price, I can't see how you can get better.

I am still exploring android. The only downside I have is that as a Mac user at home, Adroid File transfer is a bit ugly and basic. Does anyone use an alternative? I'm thinking especially of transferring music (I use itunes to make playlists etc) to the phone, but also files generally.

Last edited by mexicaneagle; 19-01-2019 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:18 PM

immoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betray
Dropped my Oneplus 3 today. Waiting for £50 replacement screen to arrive, but they're apparently a pain to replace without breaking.

Not sure I can really justify spending £600 on a 6t.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:09 PM

speagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by immoralgiant View Post
Dropped my Oneplus 3 today. Waiting for £50 replacement screen to arrive, but they're apparently a pain to replace without breaking.

Not sure I can really justify spending £600 on a 6t.
Just bought one on mobiles.co.uk. There's a few 24 month contracts that are quite reasonable if you don't need lots of data. £150 up front and £23 a month for 4gb on vodafone. I recon it works out about £350 for the phone.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:34 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by speagle View Post
Just bought one on mobiles.co.uk. There's a few 24 month contracts that are quite reasonable if you don't need lots of data. £150 up front and £23 a month for 4gb on vodafone. I recon it works out about £350 for the phone.
I like your maths

23 times 24 plus 150 = about 350
Old 03-02-2019, 09:41 PM

speagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
I like your maths

23 times 24 plus 150 = about 350
23 times 24 plus 150 = 702

Minus what you'd typically pay for a sim only 24 month 4gb unlimited min/contract (15 x 24 = 360). In effect paying about 350 for the phone
Old 03-02-2019, 09:46 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by speagle View Post
23 times 24 plus 150 = 702

Minus what you'd typically pay for a sim only 24 month 4gb unlimited min/contract (15 x 24 = 360). In effect paying about 350 for the phone
sorry my bad, I didn't see the small print.

I will go to the corner and sit with my d hat on
Old 24-02-2019, 02:52 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
The foldable phone race has the usual suspects jumping in. Obviously, $2k for a 1st gen phone is ridiculous and it looks like Apple is going to combat this with a 3 panel foldable phone.

Old 06-03-2019, 03:26 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anyone got a oneplus 6t? Is it any good, would it be worth me hanging on for a 7? I'm assuming the 7 will be 5g compatible and the price will jump significantly

Follow me on Twitter -@wally_cycles
@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

Priceless :)
Old 06-03-2019, 06:32 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
ahhh **** it, just ordered one, its coming tomorrow

@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

Old 06-03-2019, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky View Post
Anyone got a oneplus 6t? Is it any good, would it be worth me hanging on for a 7? I'm assuming the 7 will be 5g compatible and the price will jump significantly
Happy with my one. Only annoying thing is no headphone socket. When it's on charge you can only use headphones with Bluetooth.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:18 AM
Moo Moo Mooey!!!

mooeybolton knows the things you wanted that you could not saymooeybolton knows the things you wanted that you could not saymooeybolton knows the things you wanted that you could not saymooeybolton knows the things you wanted that you could not saymooeybolton knows the things you wanted that you could not saymooeybolton knows the things you wanted that you could not saymooeybolton knows the things you wanted that you could not saymooeybolton knows the things you wanted that you could not saymooeybolton knows the things you wanted that you could not saymooeybolton knows the things you wanted that you could not saymooeybolton knows the things you wanted that you could not say
That's the reason I went for the 6 and because I wanted a physical fingerprint scanner. Oh, and it's £100 cheaper for basically the same phone.
Old 08-03-2019, 09:10 AM
BBS Bicycle Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooeybolton View Post
That's the reason I went for the 6 and because I wanted a physical fingerprint scanner. Oh, and it's £100 cheaper for basically the same phone.
Bigger battery did it for me, its the bollocks!

@DuncanInglis

Quote:

Old 11-03-2019, 05:06 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Anyone got the Honor View 20?

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 23-03-2019, 04:56 PM
Born in South London

gcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
Anyone got the Honor View 20?
Yes. Very nice it is too. Makes my Honor 9 look positively clunky. I had no real reason to upgrade but I did anyway. Now own two Honor phones and a Huawei tablet. God bless those Chinese. The CIA will definitely be after me now.
Old 27-03-2019, 07:16 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
My Nexus 6p is really acting a fool now. It shuts down at 50% battery and when I reboot it, it shows around 18%. The battery life was crap before, only getting about 2 hours of use. I'm heading back to the US on Sunday for 3 months and will probably try to buy a new one before I leave. S10+ is a little too expensive and I'm still hoping for Mate20 price drops with the P30 announcement.
Old 27-03-2019, 08:54 AM

immoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post
My Nexus 6p is really acting a fool now. It shuts down at 50% battery and when I reboot it, it shows around 18%. The battery life was crap before, only getting about 2 hours of use. I'm heading back to the US on Sunday for 3 months and will probably try to buy a new one before I leave. S10+ is a little too expensive and I'm still hoping for Mate20 price drops with the P30 announcement.
Not considered getting a new battery? Can be had for less than £10 and can change yourself in ~30 mins.
Old 27-03-2019, 08:59 AM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by immoralgiant View Post
Not considered getting a new battery? Can be had for less than £10 and can change yourself in ~30 mins.
I already had somebody change the battery a year and a half ago for about 7000 yen. No way am I gonna try and do it with that tricky ass camera glass backstop. The guy last year ended up having the glass break on him and he had to replace it. The phone is going on 4 years, so I'm due for a new one.
Old 29-03-2019, 10:01 PM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

I had the same problem with my nexus and now my son has the same issue with his pixel

i wend oldskool and bought a new nokia and love it
Old 30-03-2019, 10:58 AM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
If you are ok with second hand / refurb some excellent deals to be had here

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Lots of different phones, worth a search imho
Old 17-04-2019, 09:57 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
$2k for a 1st gen phone is ridiculous

Quote:
Reporters at CNBC, The Verge, and Bloomberg have all tweeted images showing seemingly distinct problems with the Galaxy Fold