Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 21-05-2019, 03:57 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Tory leadership election

With the schedule set for the Maybot to finally be dismantled for spare parts and recycling, and the runners & riders already flashing their colours in the Parade ring before cantering down to the starting line of the election contest to be the next leader of the Tory Party - and with it the nation, the need for a new thread is probably already upon us.

Johnson, B, is the clear ante post favourite but reports are they will be a record field, with Raab, Gove, McVeigh, Rudd, Truss, Hancock, Hunt and Rory Stewart all likely to stand, possibly plus a few others.

May the stabbing from the shits commence, and blood spill around the ring.
Old 21-05-2019, 04:19 PM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
How Spaffer can be 5/4 with some bookies is beyond comprehension.
Old 21-05-2019, 04:42 PM

nicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Wort View Post
How Spaffer can be 5/4 with some bookies is beyond comprehension.
Simple. All the candidates are ******* rubbish, and no sensible person would pick any of them, so the most famous is the most popular among the insensible rump left in the hollowed out remains of the tory party.
Old 21-05-2019, 04:50 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
The MPs pick two candidates the members then select the winner.

BJ is favourite because MPs see him as a proven electoral 'winner' with star dust, and he is the overwhelming favourite with the Madam Blu Rinse Troop and Colonel Bluster Brigade.

However the early favourite has form for falling in the Tory National...

Johnson's weakness is loads of MPs think (quite rightly) that he is such a shit that even they the epitome of moral vacuums can't bring themselves to vote for him.

My own view is the long list of candidates will help him by diffusing votes, that and the fact that they are all so forgettable.
Old 21-05-2019, 04:52 PM

Jonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Blow Job please. As someone who doesn't have to live with the consequences it will be great fun.
Old 21-05-2019, 04:53 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
A lot of the MPs also know that Johnson is no longer the Tory who can reach parts of the electorate that others cannot. His position on Brexit saw to that.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 21-05-2019, 04:54 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
Blow Job please. As someone who doesn't have to live with the consequences it will be great fun.
Cheers.
Old 21-05-2019, 04:58 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
May must be up there for worst ever PM.
Old 21-05-2019, 05:11 PM

Jonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith View Post
Cheers.
You are welcome. The next alternative seems to be Gove, and I suspect he might turn out to be competent. That last thing the country needs is a competent tory.
Old 21-05-2019, 05:14 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
A lot of the MPs also know that Johnson is no longer the Tory who can reach parts of the electorate that others cannot. His position on Brexit saw to that.
And his marital indiscretions are sure to cause problems amongst the more righteous on the right.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 21-05-2019, 06:24 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Johnson would probably do anything to make sure the Tories win the next election. So he would in my opinion end up delivering a very watered down Brexit, followed by big spending and probably be quite socially liberal. The right might flirt with the Brexit Party but when it comes to the general election the centre right will vote to keep out Corbs.
Old 21-05-2019, 07:12 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
And his marital indiscretions are sure to cause problems amongst the more righteous on the right.
The righteous right. Now there's a thought. He's pissed off too many in his own parliamentary party to make it to the final two, no matter what the loon grassroots want. My guess is that it will be a toss up between Rabb and Javid. And the WI contingent won't vote for Javid in numbers.
Old 21-05-2019, 07:16 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
May must be up there for worst ever PM.
In fairness she is only responsible for failing to deliver unicorns. She isn't the one who thought it would be a good idea to ask the British people if they wanted them.
Old 21-05-2019, 07:17 PM

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
As with Trump, that part of the right only pretends to be righteous when it suits them.
Old 21-05-2019, 08:30 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
As with Trump, that part of the right only pretends to be righteous when it suits them.

Dude.... glass houses.
Old 21-05-2019, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Johnson would probably do anything to make sure the Tories win the next election. So he would in my opinion end up delivering a very watered down Brexit, followed by big spending and probably be quite socially liberal. The right might flirt with the Brexit Party but when it comes to the general election the centre right will vote to keep out Corbs.
Boris doesn't believe in Brexit, never has done.

Boris believes in Boris, he didn't see Leave actually winning, he just thought it would a great way of shoring up the member base when it came to the battle to succeed Cameron in 2020.

As it was his long game, suddenly went short but Gove stabbed him deep and hard and the PM position passed from Johnson probable to Theresa May.

Now, after the long March, the local showers in April, May is going in June and the process duly opens again.

The trouble is the numbers in the house are the numbers in the house whoever is calling him or herself PM.

My guess is Boris - if he becomes PM - will want to stay PM. He knows a hard Brexit will be a catastrophe and so he would soon be ousted and he knows Mays deal won't fly in the HOC, so he will go for a referendum and let people let him, and hopefully themselves (although that is far from certain), off the hook.
Old 21-05-2019, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Dude.... glass houses.
I'm not sure which particular glass house you think I live in, but I can assure you I'm happy to chuck stones at it too.
Old 21-05-2019, 09:19 PM
Green man

OldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Stone me, imagine having to choose between Corbyn and Johnson at a general election. Personally, I would like to see Truss as leader, as the country should be led by someone with the same name as a surgical appliance.
Old 21-05-2019, 11:35 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
I'm not sure which particular glass house you think I live in, but I can assure you I'm happy to chuck stones at it too.

What’s your view on people that moralise on message boards but have no problem seeking employment in countries with horrific human rights record?
Old 22-05-2019, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
What’s your view on people that moralise on message boards but have no problem seeking employment in countries with horrific human rights record?
It's fine as long as you stand up to racism, sexism, homophobia and prejudice every time you encounter it in said countries with horrific human rights records.