Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 21-05-2019, 01:26 PM

immoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Please don't go to new parkrun events, give them a couple of months to settle in to routines first. I'm involved with one starting up later this year and having a huge influx can potentially cause the whole event to be cancelled.

Can't remember which one it was but there's a parkrun which had a single event. Loads of people turned up on the first event but it was too many and they cancelled it. In all likelihood they could have kept running it and they'd have had a fraction of the runners but the people involved were overwhelmed and lost interest in running it.

We've been told by parkrun HQ not to advertise our run until we're up and running for 6 months and are happy to promote the run to get more runners.
Old 21-05-2019, 02:15 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomario View Post
Who else is doing the Beckenham relays tomorrow evening?

Just hoping my legs have recovered from two days of hard running at the Green Belt Realy, which included a half marathon over the north downs
It's the 3rd leg for me - not the same team as eaglemart

Last edited by cantspell; 21-05-2019 at 02:31 PM.
Old 21-05-2019, 02:45 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by immoralgiant View Post
Please don't go to new parkrun events, give them a couple of months to settle in to routines first. I'm involved with one starting up later this year and having a huge influx can potentially cause the whole event to be cancelled.

Can't remember which one it was but there's a parkrun which had a single event. Loads of people turned up on the first event but it was too many and they cancelled it. In all likelihood they could have kept running it and they'd have had a fraction of the runners but the people involved were overwhelmed and lost interest in running it.

We've been told by parkrun HQ not to advertise our run until we're up and running for 6 months and are happy to promote the run to get more runners.
I know a few of the people that have set the local one up and they are very worried about being swamped - they have car park attendants on the rota which gives a level of the concern they have.

I hope that some of the patients can take part
Old 21-05-2019, 03:05 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantspell View Post
I know a few of the people that have set the local one up and they are very worried about being swamped - they have car park attendants on the rota which gives a level of the concern they have.

I hope that some of the patients can take part
I'm not doing it but is that bit of parkland generally open to the public?
Old 21-05-2019, 03:31 PM
Dazed & Confused

bert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Weedon Island parkrun in St.Petersburg Florida had their first run on Saturday. In America it is the opposite with the pr profile being so limited. We had 47 runners of which 12 were people from England on holiday and 14 visiting from other Florida parkruns. This was the result of a pretty extensive awareness campaign among the local running community. We now have a total of 4 parkruns in Florida which is three more than a year ago.

If any of you are visiting on holiday please pay us a visit.
I came and set fire to your shed
Old 21-05-2019, 03:51 PM

The Running Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
I'm not doing it but is that bit of parkland generally open to the public?

Im not sure I live very locally and I have never ran there although I know someone who has so it must be accessible.

About 40+ years ago I used the climb the fence in Eden way to gain access.

Got some info on the idea behind the set up.

It's open to the public but the aim is to encourage patients/service users, ex-patients, and staff to take part in parkrun whether they run, walk, volunteer, & spectate. The other aim is to get the local community to engage with the Hospital.

They want a quiet inaugural i will leave it a few weeks as was going to do the the 2nd one.
Old 21-05-2019, 03:53 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
I’m not sure I live very locally and I have never ran there although I know someone who has so it must be accessible.

About 40+ years ago I used the climb the fence in Eden way to gain access.

Got some info on the idea behind the set up.

It's open to the public but the aim is to encourage patients/service users, ex-patients, and staff to take part in parkrun whether they run, walk, volunteer, & spectate. The other aim is to get the local community to engage with the Hospital.

They want a quiet inaugural i will leave it a few weeks as was going to do the the 2nd one.
Wouldn't mind a walk round there at some point. Bet those grounds and woods are beautiful. i'll avoid this weekend though!
Old 21-05-2019, 05:15 PM

The Running Thread

Same here art
Old 21-05-2019, 11:40 PM

ugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
It's the 3rd leg for me - not the same team as eaglemart
im also doing the 3rd leg for 1 of the striders teams!!!

The thoughts and opinions expressed here are MY OWN.....

#CRPS read this http://gettingtoknowmecrps.blogspot.co.uk/

to find out what #CRPS is
Old 21-05-2019, 11:44 PM

ugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert head is god View Post
Weedon Island parkrun in St.Petersburg Florida had their first run on Saturday. In America it is the opposite with the pr profile being so limited. We had 47 runners of which 12 were people from England on holiday and 14 visiting from other Florida parkruns. This was the result of a pretty extensive awareness campaign among the local running community. We now have a total of 4 parkruns in Florida which is three more than a year ago.

im in florida in july; i plan on doing one at Claremont water? looked up the results and if i go on my normal tiems id get a top 10 finish!!!!

Old 22-05-2019, 07:42 AM

immoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert head is god View Post

I never understood why the US struggled with parkrun then I found out that the parks tend to be privatised and no one wants to pay for it. It's a shame as there's no reason it couldn't be a huge success.

I've heard lots of stories of people going abroad, not just the US, turning up to a local parkrun and finding out that most of the runners are from the UK.
Old 22-05-2019, 08:58 AM

tomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
Thanks for telling me it was tomorrow - have been working on the idea it's Thursday...!

So yeah, I'll be there - am running the first leg. Never done it before so looking forward to it.
Will see you there tonight, I am on the third leg for our second team.

You will enjoy the course, as its a good technical course.

Fast downhill stretch from the white house out of the park, left along Foxgrove Road, before climbing up a long steady climb towards Ravensbourne Station. From here its left back into the park where the ParkRun is held, folowing the path until you come out onto Beckenham Hill.

The final turn into the park is up the hill to the white house where the changeover/ finish is.

Its a course that you have to pace well and have something in the tank for the final hill
Old 22-05-2019, 11:03 AM

doogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I started running about 6 months ago by doing the couch to 5k program. I'm still trying to keep the running up but find every run feels really tough. My Parkrun PB is 28.40 which isnt great. By about 15 minutes in to every run I do all I think about is looking forward to the run being over!

Is this normal?

Will it ever get easier?
Old 22-05-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogleboy View Post
I started running about 6 months ago by doing the couch to 5k program. I'm still trying to keep the running up but find every run feels really tough. My Parkrun PB is 28.40 which isnt great. By about 15 minutes in to every run I do all I think about is looking forward to the run being over!

Is this normal?

Will it ever get easier?

Do you just run the once a week or more as it becomes easier as you run more often?
Old 22-05-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogleboy View Post

Is this normal?

Will it ever get easier?
If you're running as fast as you can then yes, it's tough and that doesn't get any easier, you just get faster.

Like the vast majority of people you're probably just running too hard/fast. Slow it down and keep your breathing under control. Should be able to hold a conversation and talk in full sentences on your training runs.
Old 22-05-2019, 11:23 AM

doogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
If you're running as fast as you can then yes, it's tough and that doesn't get any easier, you just get faster.

Like the vast majority of people you're probably just running too hard/fast. Slow it down and keep your breathing under control. Should be able to hold a conversation and talk in full sentences on your training runs.
good advice. i find by about 3k in I cant talk in sentences. will slow it down
Old 22-05-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomario View Post
Will see you there tonight, I am on the third leg for our second team.

You will enjoy the course, as its a good technical course.

Fast downhill stretch from the white house out of the park, left along Foxgrove Road, before climbing up a long steady climb towards Ravensbourne Station. From here its left back into the park where the ParkRun is held, folowing the path until you come out onto Beckenham Hill.

The final turn into the park is up the hill to the white house where the changeover/ finish is.

Its a course that you have to pace well and have something in the tank for the final hill
which team are you running for? and who does eaglemart run for?

ive never broken 20 mins for this!!!

Old 22-05-2019, 11:56 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
I agree with the above.

I’ve a friend who runs flat out on nearly every run he does. He’s going to do himself a right mischief.
Make your training runs a bit longer, but slower, and you’ll find the 5K a lot easier on a Park Run, and the times will come tumbling down.

If you’re getting bored, run with a podcast, or audio book. That’s what I do for my runs.
Old 22-05-2019, 12:41 PM

tomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugly and fat View Post
which team are you running for? and who does eaglemart run for?

ive never broken 20 mins for this!!!
Eaglemart will be running for striders of Croydon and I will be running for Dulwich Runners.

Thats a decent time, for a tough course, I am aiming to run faster than 14:40 which I posted last year, though legs are feeling a bit jaded from doing rh green belt relay at the weekend.
Old 22-05-2019, 01:52 PM
Dazed & Confused

bert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugly and fat View Post
im in florida in july; i plan on doing one at Claremont water? looked up the results and if i go on my normal tiems id get a top 10 finish!!!!
Our heat and humidity in July should slow you down a touch
I came and set fire to your shed