Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 10-07-2019, 11:00 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
If the tickets were priced too high we would not sell out p, if they were priced lower we would still have the same (if not worse) issue of trippers. In any business if you can seek out for X why would you sell your product for X - y ?

I have a season ticket I also have a 5 hour return trip, I have had a ST since about 1991 and kept it even when I moved away for a season and only got to 3 games last season I got to about 15 home games.

Its all about what is important to you. Being able to go to Palace is important to me even though my tickets have gone up about 40% in 5 years so a few hundred quid is worth it for me.
So say we can find 5000 tourists each game, all who are happy to pay £60. That's what the price should be, correct?
Old 10-07-2019, 12:28 PM
Palace Saved 1/6/10

Dan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
Season tickets prices still seem fairly reasonable tbf. Although they have been creeping up and along with introduction of cheapest adult tickets only available if you purchase a childís ticket along side it.

I understand your comments regarding local support, but they had the chance to attend pre EPL years, when we didnít have a pot to piss in and they didnít want to know. **** em.
What a ridiculous statement. What about those youngsters who didn't have a chance to go when they were kids as their parents never took them? What about those who weren't even born yet?
Old 10-07-2019, 12:36 PM

les aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
Season tickets prices still seem fairly reasonable tbf. Although they have been creeping up and along with introduction of cheapest adult tickets only available if you purchase a child’s ticket along side it.
Not if you compare it to the rest of Europe.
We're absolutely fleeced in this country, mugs. And as has been pointed out, the average age of Premier League fans is going up, clubs are playing a very short sighted game here...
Old 10-07-2019, 12:42 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
In reality if you have a season ticket and with the limited price of away tickets it really doesn't represent bad value. I do miss the days you could turn up with your mates from school and buy a ticket with a membership card, then your mate would queue again and buy another ticket with the same membership. However the days of attending football like that have long gone in the premier league.

Personally i wouldn't pay £50 to see palace at selhurst. That would simply be too much money and i would find other ways to watch.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:31 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
i would find other ways to watch.

Although not through an IPTV provider hey scro as we know your
Views on them?!
Old 10-07-2019, 04:17 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs eagle View Post
Home games work out about £30 a game on a season ticket, away games are capped at £30 (pretty much all that price). Cup games usually cheaper than that.

In the Championship where there is no price cap, several clubs charge away fans more than £30, plus there are 4 more away games to get to, so the Championship would almost certainly cost a 'go every away game' fan more

I dropped going to friendlies a few years ago, just to give my purse a rest - by mid-July you already start paying out for away tickets and so it continues for the following 9 months.

If I didn't go Palace home and away I could afford nice holidays and a nice car!!
With our home form take the bloody holiday LOL !!!!

Its a shame that a lot of the younger ones here(you might be one of them) never got to experience going to football, standing and being affordable to all.
Old 10-07-2019, 04:25 PM

Pikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD View Post
or should I say why is Everton Cat A ?
Everton should be Category Z zzzzzzzzz
"Thatís the problem with these pre-planned celebrations. You can send out the invitations, arrange the play list, tailor the entire occasion for your guest of honour and it can still all fall flat. Crystal Palace are the worst kind of people to invite to share your revelry."
Old 10-07-2019, 04:43 PM

libran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
In reality if you have a season ticket and with the limited price of away tickets it really doesn't represent bad value. I do miss the days you could turn up with your mates from school and buy a ticket with a membership card, then your mate would queue again and buy another ticket with the same membership. However the days of attending football like that have long gone in the premier league.
I think the issue is its those in their 20s many still without huge income and with other options to do at weekends that don't want to justify paying out £500+ for a season ticket. It's that generation of supporter that will be lost and this will only get worse as the average age of premier league fans goes up year on year.
Once people drop out of the commitment it is hard to get them back, Palace and the league as a whole are in for a shock in 10 years time...Its obvious why atmospheres are getting worse. A whole generation that should be in the stadium making noise is more used to watching on TV

"the average age of a Premier League season ticket holder is now well into the 40s and there is a real concern that younger people are being priced out of the game,”

To view the link you have to Register or Login

This was 10 years ago, it will have gone up even further now
"the age of an average fan in the Stretford End at Old Trafford rose from 17 in 1968 to 40 in 2008. At St James’ Park, the average age rose from 35 to 45 in a decade. Same old faces; no new faces."

Old 10-07-2019, 06:48 PM
Pilot of the storm

EddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by greybot View Post
It's an absolute disgrace to charge your own fans £20 more than the away fans in the same block next to you
I don't think that's the right way to look at it. Obviously the club would happily charge the away fans the same as the home fans, but they can't because of the away fan price cap. And the away fan price cap is an excellent thing for fans who travel to away games. I'm not disagreeing that ticket prices are generally too high but I'm happy to see away fans getting a reasonable deal.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:43 PM

aaaaaaa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaaaaaaa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaaaaaaa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaaaaaaa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaaaaaaa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaaaaaaa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaaaaaaa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaaaaaaa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaaaaaaa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaaaaaaa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaaaaaaa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Safe standing would also make a big difference to the average age (and cheapest ticket price).

There's more the club could do other than just reducing ticket prices. They could give free cup tickets to season holders, free coaches to away games. Things like giving out Parish points for buying overpriced merchandise and food in the ground, it makes you feel like nothing more than a wallet to the club at times.

And all that cash from the TV money goes to players wages, it's tragic. 16k season tickets, let's say £400 on average, wouldn't even cover Benteke and Ayew's wages for a year. So many things could and should be subsidised but all we get is £30 away tickets. Yes, I understand the concept of supply and demand, but I don't want to be just a customer, and I'm not going to argue against my own interests.
Old 11-07-2019, 08:50 AM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieEdwards View Post
I don't think that's the right way to look at it. Obviously the club would happily charge the away fans the same as the home fans, but they can't because of the away fan price cap. And the away fan price cap is an excellent thing for fans who travel to away games. I'm not disagreeing that ticket prices are generally too high but I'm happy to see away fans getting a reasonable deal.
£50 is too much for football and you're saying we should accept the clubs greed as it's not their fault they can't charge everyone the higher price bracket.

If the no goal thriller against this so-called Category "A" team just a few months ago was anything to go by, 50p would be much closer to acceptable than the £50 they are asking for in a stand that is collapsing.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 11-07-2019, 09:03 AM

mrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I suspect most people talking about the £50 Arthur Wait ticket pricing haven't looked at the pricing plan online - have a look, it's quite something!

They are totally right to mention that price as being shocking, however there are actually even higher prices in other parts of the ground!!

Blocks E and F in the Main Stand are £58, and blocks C,D and G (some of which appear in line with the penalty area according to the plan) are £55 !!

There are even several blocks of Holmesdale Lower Tier tickets categorised at £50 each

These prices remind me of QPR/Fulham ripping off their own fans!
Old 11-07-2019, 09:39 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Palace scored 19 goals at home last season.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and singÖ and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 11-07-2019, 09:40 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Palace scored 19 goals at home last season.

And 5 in the last game
Old 11-07-2019, 09:50 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
And 5 in the last game
I suspect the majority of the rest were penalties!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and singÖ and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 11-07-2019, 09:51 AM

marantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
For me itís pretty much at the point weíre i will probably call it a day after this season probably just go the the Brighton match and a couple of away games itís not that I canít afford the match tickets itís just the blatant lack of consideration for fans in the current economic climate
Old 11-07-2019, 10:04 AM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
It will all come home to roost when we go down and they realise that many supporters who would be willing to watch Championship football have simply got out of the habit and found other things to do on a Saturday. The tourists will be long gone and we'll be down to 12,000 gates before you know it. I refuse to be bent over a barrel when ticket revenue is a drop in the ocean whether they charge £20 or £50 a ticket, and they only go and spunk it on a useless Norwegian striker or Polish defender anyway.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:14 AM
Collecting Palace tat

I guess that all through the "E400" saga, the club were often told that the central blocks of the Holmesdale are far better than those on the wing blocks, so now those blocks are priced higher to reflect that

Old 11-07-2019, 10:32 AM

marantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I didnít realise itís actually now more expensive to sit in the middle of the Arthur wait than at the holmesdale end of the Arthur
Old 11-07-2019, 10:44 AM

mrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by marantz View Post
I didnít realise itís actually now more expensive to sit in the middle of the Arthur wait than at the holmesdale end of the Arthur
At the moment the price difference only applies to match by match tickets.

Presume the season tickets will be subject to a price differential (depending on block) from a years time