Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 29-10-2019, 04:59 PM

norwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
We trusted the baby boomers, and look what they did.
Invented the World Wide Web, developed treatments for cancer and a few more things that help our daily lives and contribute to our well being.
Old 29-10-2019, 04:59 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
There wasnít any nationalisation in the last labour manifesto?
Don't know. I don't disagree with it anyway, I think it's needed in some sectors and the way to pay for it was not just out of the Treasury pot.
Old 29-10-2019, 05:09 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Amendments tabled:
  • EU Citizens tabled by Labour MPs and others
  • 9th instead of 12th
  • 7th May with Referendum on 26 March
  • EU citizens tabled by SNP
  • 16 and 17 year olds tabled by SNP
  • 16 and 17 year olds tabled by Corbyn
  • EU citizens tabled by Corbyn
  • EU citizens and 16/17 years olds table by Corbyn
  • Deaf and disabled candidates table by Lucas
  • Unlimited fines from EC tabled by Lucas
  • 16/17 year olds tabled by Labour MPs and others
  • Postal votes by default tabled by Melanie Onn

Wonder which will be selected.
Old 29-10-2019, 05:09 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
I would agree but then i would say a lot of 16 year olds should be nowhere near a ballot box!
If you agree that sending younger people to an adult prison is not desirable, why did you use it as an example in the first place?

In any case, this is all pointless. The logistics of getting 3.4 million resident EU citizens and a million or more 16/17 year olds on the electoral roll before the second week of December are impossible.
Old 29-10-2019, 05:10 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
No because you're an ignorant Tory.
As i said then because you think my vote shouldn't count because i am likely to disagree with you.

Sad.
Old 29-10-2019, 05:11 PM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Yes one should also be ready to be sent into a war zone to get the vote. It should be people over 65 that don’t get the vote. Their prejudices shouldn’t be destroying the futures of the young.
This particular over 65 year old with experience of wars and doing national service to defend the fecking clueless, paying NI contributions and income tax through out my working life.

Allied to a strong regard for principle, decency etc I will not lose out to people like you demonstrating your prejudice , who probably does not pay tax in this country and most of all demonstrates on a regular basis that you know **** all about football and perhaps are representative of ill mannered youngsters who think they know everything, piss off.
Old 29-10-2019, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
If you agree that sending younger people to an adult prison is not desirable, why did you use it as an example in the first place?

In any case, this is all pointless. The logistics of getting 3.4 million resident EU citizens and a million or more 16/17 year olds on the electoral roll before the second week of December are impossible.
Argument is EU citizens are already there for local elections so shouldn't be an issue.

We wait and see which if any amendments are selected by Hoyle.
Old 29-10-2019, 05:12 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
As i said then because you think my vote shouldn't count because i am likely to disagree with you.

Sad.
I think it's not unreasonable to invite all Tory voters to join their beloved leader in the ditch.
Old 29-10-2019, 05:15 PM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Amendments tabled:
  • EU Citizens tabled by Labour MPs and others
  • 9th instead of 12th
  • 7th May with Referendum on 26 March
  • EU citizens tabled by SNP
  • 16 and 17 year olds tabled by SNP
  • 16 and 17 year olds tabled by Corbyn
  • EU citizens tabled by Corbyn
  • EU citizens and 16/17 years olds table by Corbyn
  • Deaf and disabled candidates table by Lucas
  • Unlimited fines from EC tabled by Lucas
  • 16/17 year olds tabled by Labour MPs and others
  • Postal votes by default tabled by Melanie Onn

Wonder which will be selected.

I wonder which one will scupper a December election.
I'll believe it when I see it!
Old 29-10-2019, 05:17 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Probably not.

My understanding and please correct me if i am wrong is that none of the countries from which the EU nationals come from would allow British nations living in that EU nation to vote in a national election?

I would need more information as to why we should be very different from the rest of Europe when the voting rights are not reciprocated. Is there anything in the withdrawal bill about this for example?
The anomaly is that is that any Commonwealth citizen arriving in this country can register to vote irrespective of their length of stay.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 29-10-2019, 05:19 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford triumph View Post
I hope you show more restraint on the doorstep
I'm banned

No in all seriousness I'm much nicer in real life. Well I think so...
Old 29-10-2019, 05:20 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Argument is EU citizens are already there for local elections so shouldn't be an issue.

We wait and see which if any amendments are selected by Hoyle.
Still needs processing, and plenty of people supposedly eligible to vote in the council elections were denied. Even the numbers of 16/17 year olds will crash the system. Of course, it's as plain as the coke dribbles from Michael Gove's nose that the Tory Party are terrified by the idea of a whole new tranche of rabid lefty/Lib Dem anti-Brexit voters being enfranchised. They'll have to help boost membership of the Hitler Youth, or whatever it is that the Young Conservatives are called these days. They can't even depend on the Young Farmers now.
Old 29-10-2019, 05:20 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:

Sad.
Where did I say it shouldn't count.

I said most 16 and 17 year olds would have a better view and better attitude than you.
Old 29-10-2019, 05:21 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Eu nationals and 16/17 amendments not selected
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 29-10-2019, 05:23 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Sensible, really. Needs proper debate and logistically problematic. I don't think Bercow would have been nailed on to select them.
Old 29-10-2019, 05:26 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Letís hope the Lords have more sense
Old 29-10-2019, 05:27 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
The whole thing is getting ridiculous.

It is right there should be a proper debate on whether 16 and 17 year olds, EU nationals and even Commonwealth citizens should be allowed to vote in national elections.

The danger is that pushing for a 12 December election Boris is opening a whole can of worms by default.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 29-10-2019, 05:28 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Sensible, really. Needs proper debate and logistically problematic. I don't think Bercow would have been nailed on to select them.
Exactly
Old 29-10-2019, 05:28 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yep. Sensible.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 29-10-2019, 05:29 PM
'What's for dinner?'

Max_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
Where did I say it shouldn't count.

I said most 16 and 17 year olds would have a better view and better attitude than you.
I think thatís unfair - GG can sometimes come across a bit pompous but heís nothing like a poor hating Tory or an ignorant immigrant hating Brexiteer and we should carry on engaging rather than insulting - thatís why so many people act against us so called liberal remainers.