Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 27-11-2019, 03:44 PM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

vegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If anybody is a fan of boxing watch The Pyramid Texts. Very powerful.
Old 27-11-2019, 05:25 PM
Brahms and List

Ant.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopald Stotch View Post
Not having the desire to scroll back through pages, can anyone recommend Midsommer? I'm laid up at the moment and looking to waste some time.
By all accounts it was a marmite film, so depends on your taste
Old 27-11-2019, 11:31 PM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
Saw Blue street, no roits or trouble!!! Decent watch like Top boy on the big screen
Old 28-11-2019, 08:39 AM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopald Stotch View Post
Not having the desire to scroll back through pages, can anyone recommend Midsommer? I'm laid up at the moment and looking to waste some time.
I really enjoyed it - more a black comedy than a horror - quite a few laugh out loud moments mixed with a bit of gore.
Old 28-11-2019, 09:01 AM

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Irishman.

3 1/2 hours running time but it didn't feel that long.
The main stars were brilliant as was to be expected but Pesci's performance stood out for me.
Scorsese is always at his best with the sort of source material.

A must see if not quite achieving Goodfellas level of greatness.
Not far off though.
Old 28-11-2019, 09:40 AM

Eli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Jay and Silent Bob Reboot: I used to be a big fan of Kevin Smiths films from Clerks through to Clerks 2 but haven't seen any of his film in ages (I don't think the last few even got released over here) and I won't be in a rush to see the next one after seeing this.

I thought it was dreadful, lazily written, poorly shot and just unfunny and dull: endless 'jokes' just dying and landing on their arses. The 'highlight' was the bloopers over the end credits which says something about the quality of this. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back did pretty much the same thing a lot better nearly 20 years ago, this film did not need to be made whatsoever. 4 out of 10 (I'm being generous due to the appearance of a certain person in those bloopers)
Old 28-11-2019, 12:37 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford triumph View Post
I really enjoyed it - more a black comedy than a horror - quite a few laugh out loud moments mixed with a bit of gore.
I enjoyed it as did my Mrs when we saw it in the cinema.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 29-11-2019, 08:11 PM
Out but not down

Duffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Irishman. Two points,one serious and one trivial. First, the historical context to this film was not fleshed out. If your history is somewhat vague, this film wonít make much sense. This isnít fiction. Unlike The Godfather trilogy, this film relies on the audience awareness of events 60s/70s. Not guaranteed. For example, will people know about Jimmy Hoffa? Trivial point, Rob Brydonís finest hour! 3/5
Old 29-11-2019, 11:12 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Knives Out

Bloody brilliant. Holes in doughnuts.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:16 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
Knives Out

Bloody brilliant. Holes in doughnuts.
Yes we've just returned from a family trip to see this. An enjoyable romp through the murder mystery format with a tight plot, and more light hearted / amusing than I expected it to be. Daniel Craig clearly had tremendous fun with his role.

Nothing will top Once Upon A Time...for me this year but this was a very solid 8 out of 10.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:14 AM
Otis

Thanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Irishman - classic Scorsese. Great performances all round and the time flew by. Watch it ! 9/10

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller
Old 02-12-2019, 11:43 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Another vote for The Irishman great film though agree having an understanding of who Jimmy Hoffa was will help. 8/10
Old 02-12-2019, 11:56 AM

Den Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDen Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDen Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDen Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDen Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDen Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDen Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDen Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDen Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDen Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDen Haag Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
The Irishman.

3 1/2 hours running time but it didn't feel that long.
The main stars were brilliant as was to be expected but Pesci's performance stood out for me.
Scorsese is always at his best with the sort of source material.

A must see if not quite achieving Goodfellas level of greatness.
Not far off though.
Really? I watched this on saturday and was quite dissapointed. Didn't think it was that good. Might need a 2nd watch
Old 02-12-2019, 02:18 PM
Otis

Thanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle View Post
Another vote for The Irishman great film though agree having an understanding of who Jimmy Hoffa was will help. 8/10
Best film by Scorsese in years IMO.

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller
Old 02-12-2019, 09:21 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffle Coat View Post
The Irishman. Two points,one serious and one trivial. First, the historical context to this film was not fleshed out. If your history is somewhat vague, this film wonít make much sense. This isnít fiction. Unlike The Godfather trilogy, this film relies on the audience awareness of events 60s/70s. Not guaranteed. For example, will people know about Jimmy Hoffa? Trivial point, Rob Brydonís finest hour! 3/5
agreed. it was also over three hours long and could've been made shorter. Does De Niro just have two expressions, tough guy and lovable rogue?

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 03-12-2019, 12:12 AM
Hamsey U13+U12

eagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thought The Irishman was a great film, the 3 1/2 hours just flew by.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:01 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Barry Lyndon

Long, but good. I'm sure that the BBC will pick this up in a few years time and turn it into a 5 part drama.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:12 AM

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
Rambo last blood....... Jesus its basically home alone on steroids. Gory as hell. Awful acting. In a strange way enjoyable though. 5/10.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:15 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy feelers View Post
Rambo last blood....... Jesus its basically home alone on steroids. Gory as hell. Awful acting. In a strange way enjoyable though. 5/10.
Excellent, look forward to that.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:26 AM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgins View Post
agreed. it was also over three hours long and could've been made shorter. Does De Niro just have two expressions, tough guy and lovable rogue?

Sadly for De Niro, he's about as tough as a wet paper bag. The scene near the start where he threw the guy out of the local shop to give the him a beating, was rather embarrassing. It would have been more realistic if he had dropped a Zimmer frame on the guy's head .